Our Community Outreach Program addresses the current challenges of healthy eating and nutrition in the towns we serve.
Throughout the year we offer Caring Cooks Classes – Cooking Skills for Cancer Survival and Prevention. Learn healthy and delicious cooking skills and recipes for cancer survivors, caregivers, and anyone interested in cancer prevention. Each class includes a nutrition discussion, cooking demonstration, hands-on cooking skills and an opportunity to taste the foods prepared in class!
Local Shopping Tours
Are you looking for new tasty recipes to wow your family or impress guests? Have you wanted to try a FVFFH recipe? Join us at Trader Joe’s in Batavia to shop with one of our expert Kitchen Mentors, Kristen, to taste and learn how to prepare and shop for FVFFH healthy recipes. Let Kristen take the fear out of trying new recipes.
Here is what is included:
- Samples to taste
- Shopping lists
- Guidance from a CIA trained, FVFFH Kitchen Mentor
Check our events calendar for the upcoming dates and times. All guests must register ahead of time to participate in the tours. Maximum of 12 people. For more information contact Susan Ellward @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Healthy Mind Cookbook: Big-Flavor Recipes to Enhance Brain Function, Mood, Memory, and Mental Clarity By Rebecca Katz
- Cancer Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson
- The Longevity Kitchen: Satisfying, Big-Flavor Recipes Featuring the Top 16 Age-Busting Power Foods by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson
- One Bite at a Time, Revised: Nourishing Recipes for Cancer Survivors and Their Friends By Rebecca Katz
- Nourishing Connections Cookbook 2nd Ed. By Cathryn Couch and Jo-Ellen DeNicola
- Clean Start: 100 Recipes to Inspire You to Eat Clean and Live Well By Terry Walters