We believe that teens are intelligent, responsible, capable, creative, and caring — and have the power to make a huge difference in our world. As a Fox Valley Food for Health teen we invite you to step into an experience that revolves around learning, growing and giving back to your community.
As a teen volunteer you will:
Work in our commercial kitchen along side a kitchen mentor to prepare, cook, and package hundreds of delicious and nutritious meals for families dealing with serious illness
Increase your knowledge of nutrition, healthy eating behaviors, and food safety
- Meet teens from all over the Fox Valley area
- Make an impact in your community
- Fulfill hours towards your school’s community service programs
- Accumulate noteworthy credentials for your college applications
- Work towards a role as a “Teen Leader” in the program
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Teen Chef
- Summer Teen Internship
- Marketing/Social Media Assistant
- Teen Board of Directors
You must be in high school (or entering high school if you are a summer volunteer)
- A minimum of a 12 week commitment*
- Work at least a 2.5-3 hour shift per week*
How to Get Started:
Steps to follow
First Step: We ask that teens join either the Monday or Tuesday team and are able to commit 12 weeks to the program. You must be able to arrive by 3:15 and will usually be finished by 5:30 or 6:00.
If are you able to make this commitment please Fill out this online form – Online Form.
Second Step: After completing our online application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set up a tour of our kitchen or garden.
Third Step: Complete a Sanitation course taught by our Executive Chef in the Food for Health facility.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Carrie Barley, at email@example.com