Saturday, February 13, 2021
6:00 PM CST
Let’s ‘virtually’ gather around a table together!
Although we can’t be together in person, that doesn’t mean we can’t come together, connect and enjoy an amazing meal and evening in support of our community.
Please join us on Saturday, February 13th for a Virtual Evening enjoying one of two prepared meals, specifically designed by our FVFHH culinary team that will allow you to experience what our clients do on a daily basis. Your dining experience will be accompanied by a Zoom event, with our MC Joe Daly, that will provide insight into our organization, our philosophy and also will include the opportunity to bid on some amazing auction items! Our auction will be held virtually with gifts and experiences from around the Fox River Valley including a Balmoral Tea package, a wine tasting experience, a local restaurant gift card package and so much more!
Our Partner, Blue Goose Market in St. Charles has graciously offered to prepare and be the pick-up location for our two meal options. They provide us with the organic produce and ingredients we use in our program. In addition to each meal, you will receive one of our top rated desserts, Our Dark Chocolate Budino, sponsored by Guittard Chocolate!
Please know that you have two options for joining our event:
1. Register for the Signature Meal options (each meal serves one). Pick one of each, two of one or four of one! Whatever amount will feed your party.
2. Virtual access to the Zoom call event that includes the recipes for the entrees and dessert that you can make for yourself at home (and can add to your recipe collection!).
The generous donations you provide go directly toward our mission of promoting a nutrition-focused community by educating teens and serving those struggling with a health crisis.
Signature Meal Registrations End February 10th!
Signature Meal Donation $75
Get access to the event, our online auction, and enjoy a prepared Food for Health signature entrée and a healthy dessert sponsored by Guittard Chocolate (recipes included) With this donation you will provide a week's worth of meals to an individual on our Healthy Meals Program.
Virtual Access Donation $25
Getting access to the event, auction, and Food for Health recipes so you can create the signature entrées and dessert at home! With this donation you will provide 2 organic healing meals to an individual on our Healthy Meals Program!
Signature Meal Option #1
Grilled Chicken Breast with Tomato Jam
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
Signature Meal Option #2
Roasted Ratatouille with Creamy Polenta
Baby Kale Salad with Walnuts, Parmesan, and Lemon Vinaigrette
Frequently Asked Questions
Our online auction is open!
Start your bidding today on our amazing items including wine tasting experiences, specialty wine & whiskey baskets, local restaurant packages and so much more!
Get access to our auction here! (don’t forget to bookmark this page so you can find it quickly the night of the event!)
The auction site is available on your computer or phone, but make sure you test this prior to the event so you can see which format you prefer.
Here’s some quick tips for the online auction:
- Create an account first. Once you access the site, be sure to click “Sign In” on the top right corner and create your account. There you will be able to add a credit card for quick and easy check out. You are required to add a credit card prior to bidding on any items. Once you are signed in you will also be able to track items you’ve bid on, view your receipts and update forms of payment, by select the white icon next to your name.
- Once signed in, you will see a menu on the left hand side. The bottom section is specific to your account and the top section is where you’ll find “browse auction items.” Click the text and you’ll see the list of all our auction items! Be sure to scroll so you don’t miss anything! Once you click on an item you want to bid on, a panel will be displayed to bid, watch or buy now!
- Donate Now/ Online Paddle Raise. In this section you can directly support our programs. In 2020, our Healthy Meals Program provided over 17,000 meals to our neighbors in need. Our Teen Chefs and adult volunteer work every week to prep and cook fresh organic healing meals to be delivered to our client families free of charge for 12 weeks. Each individual (client & family member) receives 6 healing meals per week, free of charge! We purchase the majority of our produce and ingredients fresh each week, which comes with a heavy price. We rely on generous donors like yourself to help us raise the necessary funds to continue to deliver these meals free of charge. We have designated key giving levels and can’t thank you enough for providing the tools and ingredients our volunteers use each week in our kitchen!
- Check out. At the close of the event, all transactions and donations will be processed as one transaction. The auction will close at 7:15 pm and at that time the winner’s credit cards will be charged.
All meals will be available for pick up starting at 12:00 pm Friday Feb. 12th – 5 pm Saturday Feb. 13th, at Blue Goose Market, 300 S 2nd St, St. Charles, IL 60174.
The meals will be located at the Deli counter. All you need to do is go to the counter and let them know the name associated with the meal(s) you are picking up!
Paul Lencioni, owner of Blue Goose Market, has created perfect wine pairings for our meals that will take your dining experience to the next level. They will be available for purchase at Blue Goose Market and will be displayed right where you pick up your meals!
Chicken w/ Tomato Jam Entrée: El Tanino Syrah $12.99- Spain, 100% Syrah, Fruit forward, raspberries, red plums, blackberries, violets, silky tanins
Ratatouille and Creamy Polenta Entrée: Chateau Minuty, “M” Rose, $19.99, Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah, Cotes de Provence, Light and bright in color. “The nose has very intense aromas of orange peels and red currant. The wine in the mouth is smooth with a nice freshness”
White Wine option for both entrées: Chateau la Gravelieres Bordeaux Blanc, $15.99, 80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Semillion, Graves, peaches, white flowers, lemon zest, bitter almonds on the finis
With the purchase of your ticket you are automatically registered for our online event! You should have received an email from Eventbrite with your virtual ticket (if not please check your spam folder). In that email you will see an orange button labeled “View the Event”. Once the event opens at 5:30 pm CST on Sat. Feb. 13th there will be a “join now” button which will redirect you to the Zoom meeting. Eventbrite will also be sending you reminders about the event the day of and a few days prior. If you have trouble accessing the event you can email email@example.com or call/text 630.377.0789.
|5:30 PM||Virtual Event opens – Preheat your ovens and reheat your meals!|
|6:00 PM||Event begins with a welcome message from our ED|
|6:10 PM||Virtual Program starts with our MC Joe Daly|
Once your meals are reheated enjoy them while you watch our virtual program.
The program will be made up of entertainment from Joe, a virtual tour of the FVFFH kitchen, a virtual interview of a Teen Chef & Client and so much more!
|7:00 PM||Event ends & last chance to bid on our virtual silent auction|
|7:15 PM||Auction Closes|
Fox Valley Food for Health is a 501c3 Non-Profit and is primarily funded through individual donations. By making a monetary donation you are directly supporting our clients and volunteers.
You can also support our event by donating auction items. We are looking for big and not so big items. Big items like Vacation Homes, At Home Exercise Equipment like Peloton Bikes, Unique Event Experiences etc will be auctioned. Smaller items like a bottle of wine or liquor, spa services, restaurant gift cards etc will be helpful for us to create beautiful themed baskets for raffles.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Back by popular demand!
Our MC Joe Daly!
Joe Daly is a one of a kind virtual magician who can dazzle and wow through your screen! His magic is fresh and modern and Joe’s affable and relaxed style is the perfect counterpoint to the absolute mind blowing miracles he performs. Joe recently performed for a fundraiser for Food for Health in November of 2020 and blew us and our audience away.
Having him MC our first virtual event was a no brainer and we sure his infectious personality and illusions will captivate you and be the perfect addition to our Mid-Winters Dream Dinner!